It’s not every day I find myself standing on a marble cliff, and I’m not good enough at timing things to ever wind up outside with a camera at golden hour, but one bitterly cold Saturday in late November, the two events just happened to coincide. The dress you see here had been lying around in the back seat of my car for months waiting for the right shoot to come along, and I braided Clara’s hair while balancing on a rock. So yeah, besides knowing I was driving out to North Adams that morning, this shoot- which came after a very long day of shooting other things- was merely a convergence of lucky circumstances.
And I really couldn’t have planned it better if I’d tried.
- Date: Saturday, November 21, 2015
- Location: Natural Bridge State Park, North Adams, Massachusetts
- Photography/styling: Kayt Silvers
- Makeup: Samantha Kniskern
- Model/location scout: Clara Rose Ulken @ Maggie Inc.